Rosman Youth Support Center
RYSC (located at 81 Old Rosman Hwy) offers essential goods and services to homeless and underprivileged youth of Transylvania County.
Typical living situations of our youth include:
* Living with a friend, relative, or other person/family because of a loss of housing
* Staying in a motel or hotel because of a loss of housing or fleeing domestic violence
* Living in car, park or public place, abandoned building
* Living temporarily in substandard housing
* Youth living on their own
* Living in a campground or inadequate trailer home
At RYSC we provide food, clothing, hygiene products and appliances (washer and dryer onsite, many of the children do not have access to these), computer and internet access (for homework and class projects), tutoring services, and access to programs and materials to promote long term solutions regarding subpar, high risk living situations in hopes of creating a clear path forward for a healthy, sustainable future for their lives.
When you donate to this organization, you are contributing directly to the underprivileged youth of Transylvania County. Our organization is committed to fiscal integrity and transparency. Annual reports are available for donors to see how funds get allocated.
We are currently seeking volunteers from all ages and skill sets. We especially need help with tutoring, recreational and craft activities, and general help with distributing goods and services. Click the icon above to apply.
Isaac Homes Youth Services focuses on a positive youth development approach which gives youth the opportunities to learn skills and develop the assets they need to resist high risk behaviors and succeed in life.